Friday, July 18, 2008

I am in love with

Books. I love to read... I love it, I love it, I love it. I have spent hours upon hours reading and reading. I feel like I have to make up for lost time... you see I hated reading growing up and would avoid it. But now, I crave them!!! I read a lot more now especially since we don't have a TV - if you don't already know I was so addicted to reality TV shows... Merrill would lock up the TV in our armour and I would break in...no joke... I told Merrill I was like an alcoholing you had to get ride of it, not just lock it up... so we did. Now I love reading, which is such a better out let. The only draw back to reading is that I tend to ingnore and avoid all my other responsiblities... mainly sleep... but what lovely things are found in the pages of a book... I feel like I am there living another life, like I am the main character feeling all the emotions... just ask my husband he can attest to many a time when I put down a book all giddy or sobbing... he just looks at me with with a question mark on his face.

I just finished This book:
I really enjoy Shannon Hale... she is an LDS author and has some great heroines... She wrote the Princess Academy, The Goose Girl and more - here is her blog http://oinks.squeetus.com/

Some other favorites:

Jane Eyre - amazing
Gone with the Wind... I cried like a baby at the end
These is My Words - so uplifting
Keturah and Lord Death - sweet and pure
Harry Potter - magical..these were the books that turned me to reading... thank you JK Rowling
Twlight - enthrawling ... not sure if I spelled that right

These are just a handful....

I'm hoping to get all these fictional books out of my system so I can try to get myself to enjoy more biography/autobiographies/histories type books.

If you have any books you just couldn't put down I would love to add it to my never ending book list.

1 comments:

Cotter said...

I just finished the friday night knitting club and i loved it!!!!