For my book of the month I chose Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. The book is told from the perspective of a teenage boy named Leo who falls in love with a girl named Stargirl. When Stargirl first arrives at Leo's small town high school her odd behavior and differences are embraced. Later in the book she becomes an outcast. I think this book should be read by all young adults. The story is about acceptance, individualism, and most importantly being your true self. A quick and meaningful read I give this book 4 stars and a PG rating. Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Book of the Month.....July
For my book of the month I chose Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. The book is told from the perspective of a teenage boy named Leo who falls in love with a girl named Stargirl. When Stargirl first arrives at Leo's small town high school her odd behavior and differences are embraced. Later in the book she becomes an outcast. I think this book should be read by all young adults. The story is about acceptance, individualism, and most importantly being your true self. A quick and meaningful read I give this book 4 stars and a PG rating.
Posted by
Autumn
at
8:27 AM
Labels: Book of the Month
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I love love love this book. I love the little lessons it taught and I fell in love with the characters. Great story and great writing. I read Love, Stargirl and loved it too! Great shelf book for children and grandchildren and all adults!
hey, i almost bought this book myself. i find myself in the kids' section more and more lately. it is so haRD TO FIND A GOOD STORY, THAT'S clean!!! I LOVE LOVE STORIES TOO. it's so hard to find enjoyable "chick lit" that doesn't have profanity or other stuff that i don't want to read! i like your blog
I love this book. Has anyone read the second one.. It is a continuation of this
This was one of those books that just makes you happy as you read it. I look forward to reading it with my kids one day. I think every teenager should read it to give them a little better perspective on things.
Post a Comment