Since the blog has been neglected for a while I thought I'd get us all back on track for the fall with an awesome book. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd has to be one of my all time favorite books! I was in love with this story from the very first word I read. Set in the south in the 1960's it's about a young white girl, Lily, and her black caretaker, Rosaleen, who end up running away from home in search of answers about Lily's mother. Lily and Rosaleen end up on a bee farm living with 3 black sisters. A great story that I will give an R Rating only because of a little language and a little violence. Sunday, September 28, 2008
The Secret Life of Bees
Since the blog has been neglected for a while I thought I'd get us all back on track for the fall with an awesome book. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd has to be one of my all time favorite books! I was in love with this story from the very first word I read. Set in the south in the 1960's it's about a young white girl, Lily, and her black caretaker, Rosaleen, who end up running away from home in search of answers about Lily's mother. Lily and Rosaleen end up on a bee farm living with 3 black sisters. A great story that I will give an R Rating only because of a little language and a little violence.
Posted by
Autumn
at
9:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
I too loved this book! I don't remember thinking it was rated R, but it's been a few months! I;m excited to see how the movie turns out.
So a part of me felt bad for her dad even as horrible as he was, and I was so impressed with this little girls strength courage!
I was pleased with the entire story line and how it all came together!
I also loved this book. I loved how passionate she was about her little box of treasures, and how much courage she had.
Maybe PG 13 is better...I have a hard time rating these things. I rated it R just thinking about the adult situations that she had to deal with. Glad you liked it too!
I will have to check it out. I've seen it before but now I will check it out.
I also really loved this book - so good, and it really made you think.
This is one of my all time favorite books too! It was such a great story about finding strength and courage.
I can't wait to see the movie! In theater October 17th.
PG-13 is more like it. I'm almost done reading it, it's really good!
Yes, it was an excellent read in which case, I cannot see the film because I am always dissapointed by most adaptations.
Post a Comment