Saturday, March 21, 2009

Christy


I just finished reading Christy, by Catherine Marshall. I have to say that when I first started this book, I was a little sceptical. The Prologue did not hook me at all. However, once I really met the girl Christy, I was thoroughly intrigued and ended up just loving this book!

Historical Fiction, it takes place in 1919 in the Smoky mountains of Tennessee, where idealistic Christy volunteers to teach at a mission school with the mountain people. Upon arriving, she soon learns that it is neither the safe, nor romantic endeavor she thought she was undertaking. It is through her trials and hardships, and through the help of those around her, that she learns to love and embrace the people of Cutter Gap. I kept thinking that I wished it was a true story :).

I give it a PG rating and 5 stars.

1 comments:

Autumn said...

I remember reading this in highschool and LOVING it! I'm going to reread! Thanks for reminding me about this great book!