Monday, March 9, 2009

March Book of the Month by Aundrea



East of Eden by John Steinbeck
It took me awhile to read this book, but I absolutely loved it! It now ranks up there in my Top 10 for sure. It follows two families through three generations. It tells of the struggles and relationships within families. It questions good and evil in human nature. This book really made me think about how I view things, and challenged me to think about life in a way I hadn't before. In my opinion, this is a "must-read"! No wonder they call it a classic! Happy reading!

I give this book ***** and a PG13 rating.

3 comments:

Autumn said...

I cannot wait to read this! Thanks Aundrea!

Rochelle said...

This classic was a tough one to write a review on. This book is full interesting metaphors and great characters with the purist in heart and the evil hearts. The characters are well developed which Steinbeck compares to the biblical Cane and Abel.

I give this book 4 stars, It kept my attention throughout the entire 600 or some so pages! Not bad, It was intense, full of emotion, I enjoyed it!

Autumn said...

Great book! I think this is one that you could read 10 times and get something different out of it everytime! It took me a while to read it but I really liked it! Thanks for the recommendation Aundrea. Check another classic off of my list....