Wednesday, April 21, 2010

City of Bones: Mortal Instruments Book 1, by Cassandra Clark


When Clary, a 15 year old girl begins seeing crazy things, she starts to unravel the truth of the world around her. A world full of demons, fairies, vampires, etc, and of course, the Shadowhunters. When her mom disappears, things become unraveled even more, and she must depend on her new friend Jace, to not only protect her, but help her find out who she really is.

I really enjoyed this creative take on the world of fantasy living in the heart of the modern day world. It was fast paced, clean, and exciting. A great read, and I am excited for books two and three.  I give it 4 stars and a PG-13 rating.

3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

The second book isn't as good, but the third is the best of the series. Enjoy :).

E.J. Stevens said...

I just bought this book last week and can't wait to read it. Great review!

xx,
E.J.

Michelle said...

I saw your review a long time ago and just read all 3 books. So great!