Saturday, September 25, 2010

Becoming Jane Eyre, by Sheila Kohler


Although I was a little sceptical as I started this book, as soon I was familiar with the authors flow, I fell into the story. A beautifully written book about Charlotte Bronte and the time in her life when she wrote Jane Eyre.

Although it was a work of fiction, it is based on fact, and I found myself fascinated with the life of this author, so shadowed with sorrow and tradegy. It made me want to read Jane Eyre all over again - that and it really made me want to read the other works by herself and her sisters. I also loved how the author changed the voice of who was telling the story throughout - going from Charlotte, to Anne, to Emily, and even their father. An intriguing read.  I give it 4 stars and a PG rating.

0 comments: