A friend told me about this book about a year ago and I finally got around to reading it. Her book club was pleasantly surprised with this book and so am I.
Shadow Divers is a non-fictional recounting of the discovery of a World War II German U-Boat sixty miles off the coast of New Jersey in 1991. It's amazing to me how close to American soil this ship came and no one knew. I really want to see the NOVA program. Now this may not seem like your type of book, I thought the same. JUST READ IT!
It is a great story involving history and mystery. I give it a 5 star . One definitely worth reading. Some of the sailors in this book curse a little and for that reason I give it an PG-13 maybe R rating for cursing. I don't know how everyone else judges the cursing so I'll just play it safe with this rating.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Book of the Month-May
Posted by
Rochelle
at
6:13 PM
Labels: Book of the Month, Rochelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Good book! I am totally into U-Boat history now! I'm amazed at the bravery of these two guys! Wow! Very cool and different read. I think I'll go watch the PBS program on it now.
What a great book! I put off reading this book for a month because it seemed like something I wouldn't be into, but once I got started I couldn't put it down.
Post a Comment