Vienna Prelude by Bodie Thoene, is the first of six books in the Zion Covenant Series, and I really loved it. It takes place in Germany and Austria in the beginning of Hitler's rise to power, and does such a wonderful job of putting you right into the history of the time as you follow the characters through the events. I am a big lover of historical fiction and can't wait to read the rest of the series. I give it four stars and a PG rating.
(I have read another series by this author that I loved, called the Zion Chronicles, and it was all about the creation of the state of Israel. It was amazing, and made even better for me because I read the books while I was living in Jerusalem on a study abroad.)
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Vienna Prelude - Book 1 of the Zion Covenant
Posted by
Lisa Brown
at
9:44 AM
Labels: Lisa Brown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Have you read any other of the Thoene books? This particular series was a favorite of mine, but there is also a 3 book series that takes place during the great depression (I think that's when...I read it several years ago) that is also quite good.
But not as good as this one, in my opinion :)
Post a Comment