Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Spiderwick Chronicles

I had heard about the Spiderwick Chronicles from a friend, and had even seen the movie previews and was intrigued, but I finally borrowed them, and I am so glad! A series of five fantasy children's books, that take you through the experiences of the three Grace children, as they discover the world of the Faeries. Through the help of their great uncle's "field guide," not only do they discover that this world exists all around them, but the faeries soon discover the children's knowledge, and stop at nothing to get the book from them.

A wonderful and quick read - each book took about an hour to complete. It was exciting, and scary, but not too scary. I loved how it also dealt with real things the children were dealing with, such as the divorce of their parents, etc. I thought the story was very creative, and would be a perfect read aloud for kids. I give it 4 stars and a PG rating (for kids), G (for adults).

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Thanks for suggesting these. I am always looking for a good read aloud book for my kids! I think we'll start these right away!

Krista Lou Cook said...

I loved these also. They were such a quick and fun read.