WOW! What an amazing book. Hosseini is an amazing storyteller. He captures the raw emotions of being a little girl, wife and mother in war ridden Afghanistan. He give the readers an amazing backdrop on Afghanistan History, where this country has been, how far it has come and how much further yet to go.
Something I remember being so shocked about with reading the Kite Runner and Blood Diamonds and now A Thousand Splendid Suns is the timeline, the history I'm reading of is recent only a few years shy of today's world.
I give Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns five stars and a PG 16 rating. This is a book I want my children to read but when they are older.





1 comments:
I agree with your rating and description Rochelle. I just finished this one (at 5am). I read Kite Runner earlier this week so I am chin deep in Afghanistan right now. What a powerful story. And you're right. To imagine this sort of thing happening just a few years ago. What amazes me is that Afghanistan was fairly progressive in the 70s and 80s and then took such a step backward. So sad.
Post a Comment