Tuesday, August 11, 2009

These is My Words, by Nancy E. Turner



A fantastic novel, filled with love, tragedy, hope, and perseverance. A historical fiction piece, written as a journal from the perspective of Sarah, who begins the story as a teenage girl traveling through the territories.


In the first 30 pages there was so much tragedy and heartache, I was just struck with it all. (It was very realistic to the times.) Just as I was beginning to wonder why I was reading it, I fell totally in love with Sarah's spunky character and the hope she found amid the turmoil. The story progresses over 20 years, and you can't help but be drawn in by her experiences, as she discovers love, betrayal, motherhood, and even more heartache, as she tries to forge a life in the Arizona territory.


I absolutely loved this book and recommend it to all of you. 5 stars plus!! (I would say that it has a PG-13 rating though, as there is quite a bit of violence scattered through-out it)

1 comments:

Becky said...

This is an excellent book.

I agree with your PG-13 rating for "pioneer violence" and still highly recommend it.

I didn't like #2 as well, however and I haven't read #3.