*I didn't get a chance to check and see if anyone reviewed this one already, but I loved it so much, I had to tell you about it :).
From the very first page, I was drawn into this book - the story of Flavia de Luce, an eleven year old girl who is unique in every way. A mystery, set in the 1950's in England, Flavia (a bright girl who is a chemist at heart), finds herself literally face-to-face with a dead man. She cannot rest until she discovers the cause of his death, but all too soon it becomes even more personal when her father is accused of the murder. A delightful book - I found it smart, fun, and full of fantastic characters, the keystone being Flavia herself. I give it 5 stars and a PG rating.
1 comments:
If I didn't review it, I should have...since I loved it too.
I didn't love the second one, however. So I'm 50/50 split til three comes out.
Post a Comment