Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. While I did enjoy the book and it kept me captivated, I felt it was for a more mature audience and was disappointed knowing she new who her audience was. I personally felt it was a little too sci-fi. I can't stop picturing a little Chucke doll that's beautiful pouncing around hunting in the forest. I felt like the first three books she kept this love story and vampires and werewolf stuff somewhat believable, it just turned ridiculous for me. But I did enjoy her experiencing her new life, her strengths and hunting and ability to control herself.
I know that others loved it. So ladies it's time to share. I can't wait to hear from all of you!





12 comments:
I thought the story was great! I was completely surprised with Belle getting pregnant. It was a great twist... half vamp and half human baby.
As for the adult content, I feel it was written very well. I am not one to read romance novels due to the rated R yuckyness. What was written did not bother me; however I agree that I would not want my 15 yr old to read this with out parental discussion.
All in all, I couldn’t put the book down. Darling hubby was very glad when I finished (I think so he could start reading it).
My feelings are close to Tresa's. I enjoyed reading the book and all it's interesting twists from the beginning. I enjoyed getting a bit of Jacobs perspective. I did not start loving the book until the third part. I love Bella as a vampire! I also agree though that the content was way more mature. I am afraid for all those girls out there and thier moms who just started reading this one, without the support of devotion from the previous books!
I loved the book! The wedding was so sweet (made me cry!), honeymoon was what a honeymoon is, and all the vampire/human baby stuff I thought was really captivating. I wasn't sure about the Jacob book at first (not a huge fan of him), but I ended up liking it. There was no way we could have fully experienced the events & emotions & roles around Bella's pregnancy without that outside perspective. Like the "burning man", yikes!
I also really enjoyed reading about Bella as a vampire -- it was so fun to see her so happy and in control of herself. At the end when she allowed Edward to see a bit into her head - ahhhh! I loved it! So so happy that he could finally see what he really meant to her (he always beats himself up).
my only issues: the stand-off with the Volturi was way too long and anti-climatic; the imprinting freaked me out a bit; and I'm a little surprised that Charlie accepted the "need to know" charade so well.
Bottom line -- I was hugely entertained by the book (Emmett was a crack-up), I was happy with the ending, and I think this was the perfect place & perfect way to close the Bella chapter.
I loved it and felt she threw in a few unexpected things, Bella getting pregnant and then Jake imprinting and her super powers after becoming a vamp were awesome. I could not put the book down and felt SM did a great job and am hoping she will write more because she left it right open for a lot more.
I agree that it was for a more mature audience, but I still really enjoyed it. There was nothing that made me feel really uncomfortable. I thought the story was great and I really did almost find myself breathless at the end during the scene with the Volturi. I felt a closure to the series and now will have to read the whole thing from beginning to end...
First, I loved the book. Second, I didn't love it nearly as much as Eclipse. This book lost the "look but don't touch" that kept us all on our toes for so long. But we all were begging for more right along with Bella. Can we complain that we got what we asked for.
Third, if you could believe in a world where vampires roamed freely and warewolves transformed themselves to fend off these vampires.....is a half human/half vampire really that big of a stretch? Again... we wanted Bella a vampire, but wanted her to be a mom too.... we got what we asked for.
I would only liked to have seen Bella kick a little Volturi butt. That would have made a perfect ending.
I loved it!! I was so glad that she had them get married within the very first few chapters of the book...I was hoping that wasn't going to drag out. The pregnancy/baby totally caught me off guard and I thought it was a great twist.
I agree...definitely won't be letting my preteen read this one but when she's older I think she'll love it.
Loved Bellas powers as a vampire and was thrilled that she was the one to save the day!! Also glad that the book didn't leave me feeling sorry for Jacob. All in all I thought SM did a fabulous job wrapping up her series! Couldn't have been happier!
I really enjoyed reading each one of the series. I just love the premise and the story. I am so happy the way things turned out for Jacob, and I am hoping for a continuation sometime in the future. I have been a huge Jacob fan, and want to see how things turn out with him and Renesme.
After being a little disenchanted with the series after the last book, this one realed me back in. I was completely taken by surprise that Bella conceived, and loved the way things righted themselves in the end. One of things I loved most, was that Blla seemed to finally mature - even before her transformation. She was no longer whining and overly pensive, like she was in the other books.
I loved having Jacob's perspective, and although his outcome was strange, in many ways, his imprinting made perfect sense. As always, there were a few parts that dragged a little, and I felt that the end lost a little of it's impact because it seemed to go on so long. All in all, I thought it was well done and a wonderful way to leave Bella's story.
I enjoy everyone's thoughts that my opinion is being pulled a little! :0)
I hate to be in disagreement with everyone else's comments, but I didn't think this book was all that great compared to the first three. From a purely literary stand point the story was all over the place in some parts and she dropped story lines then tried to pick them back up, at one point it was a jumbled mess in my opinion. Don't get me wrong their were definitly some good parts and she ended it well, but this one went a little too far into the unbelievable realm. Seriously, a vampire who can't cry and has no blood fathers a child? Whatever. I am glad Bella got to be a mom and I liked that her transforming into a vampire was done out of a need to save her life that became something I liked, but come on. The build-up to the Volturi was a huge let-down in the end and there was a happy ending for everyone (boring!) A lot of people are up in arms about the sex, I am on the fence. They waited until they were married, blah blah blah, but it was way too violent on their honeymoon. Rather than feeling happy for her I was scared for her. Sorry to be a disagreeing voice here, but this is how I feel. I would rate this book with barely 3 stars and at least a PG-13 rating. Not recommended for girls under the age of 16...
A good, fun read! I liked it, but I'm not crazy obsessive about it. Yes, it is captivating, but I was disappointed that I could predict what was going to happen in several instances. My favorite of this series is for sure the first book. Not something I would let my daughters read in their teen years, but that's just me.
Post a Comment