Monday, August 11, 2008

Mothering With Spiritual Power, By Debra Sansing Wood


My mother gave me, Mothering With Spitiual Power: Book of Mormon Inspirations for Raising a Righteous Family, for Christmas, and even though it took me seven months to finish the 128 pages (I can never seem to get through self-help books, no matter how wonderful they are - he he!), it was an eloquent and inspiring read. I truly loved this book and the inspiration it gave me as a mother. As I read it, I made a list of the little things I was inspired to do differently with my children. I especially loved how each chapter was focused on a truth from the Book of Mormon, showing how the answers to our dilemas as mothers really are found in the scriptures.

I think it would be a wonderful read for any mother, old or young. I give it 5 stars and a G rating

2 comments:

Teri said...

I have had this book sitting on my nightstand for a few months, I think I've even read the first page a few times. I will read it... one day. I with you on the self help books, I can read a love story 300+ pages in a day or two, but those self help books.. Thanks for saying it was inspiring, I'lll have to read it.

Anonymous said...

I'm reading this right now, and I love it so far!