I know I this is my third review in a row - I guess I have been reading a lot lately :), sorry.
The Man of the Forest is a wonderful Western Romance by Zane Grey. He is one of my all time favorite authors, having read his books since I was young since they were my mom's favorites, and my great grandfather's before that. (In fact, the books I read were mostly old first editions he bought when they were published.) I read this book for the first time when I was ten years old, and I love it more every time I read it. I love it so much, that I just reread it for my book club. A wonderful romance about two sisters that come out West to live with their uncle. Accidentally hearing about a plot to kidnap the girls, Milt Dale - the "man of the forest" - steps in to rescue them. This is how the book begins and it keeps getting better. I love the characters and the descriptions, but especially the delineation between good and evil he has in the book. A beautiful and sweet romance.
I give it 5 stars and a G rating. (And if any of you want to find out more about Zane Grey and his writing, go to this website - it is great.)




2 comments:
Never apologize for reading a lot! I love your blog... it's fantastic :)
I've never read Zane Grey but recently received my grandfather's copy of "West of the Pecos". You have motivated me to take a closer look at it. My son LOVES western stories but there are so few good ones for his younger age.
Post a Comment