I love Robin McKinley, and found it so fun to read this book, which unlike most of her book, was not filled with fantasy. It was great to see a different side to her subject matter, because although the story is centered around the Robin Hood legend, it is focused on strong wonderful characters working together and beating the odds, without the help of magic or special gifts. (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE her fantasy stuff too.)
I ended up just loving this book, and enjoying the picture she painted of a very humble Robin, who does not seek his place as leader, but takes his position seriously to protect those who follow him. And although it held true to many of the Robin Hood versions I knew before, it was unique. A wonderful read! I give it 4 stars and a PG rating.





0 comments:
Post a Comment