Thursday, December 18, 2008

Book of a Thousand Days, by Shannon Hale


This book is about a Mucker girl (nomad people) who becomes a ladies maid to a lady who is sentenced by her father to live in a tower for seven years. Dashti, the girl, keeps a detailed record of their experiences, including their dealings with the two men who want to marry her lady. (One is a kind and good man, while the other is evil and vicious.)


In the beginning of the book, I wasn't so sure about the story. It was depressing, and both of the girls were not strong enough for me. However, as the story progresses, Dasti finally comes into her own, gaining confidence of herself as a person. She makes tremendous sacrifices, and is rewarded for her goodness in the end. The ending made the book for me and changed my whole attitude about it. I give it 4 stars and a PG rating.

2 comments:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

I'm reading this right now but its slow right now. But overall its good so far.

Rochelle said...

I really like Shannon Hale so I will be reading this soon!