I just finished reading this heart-warming Christmas story today. It is very short - 83 pages and the book is small in size (about 4x6). It tells of a struggling young family that answer a widow's classified ad. She is looking for someone to move into her large Victorian home with her just before the holidays, to take care of cooking and odds and ends, but mostly (as the couple learns) for the company.
I thought the story was very intriguing. It didn't start out or lead into the type of Christmas story I thought it would be. And be sure to have a box of tissues close by for the last 5-10 pages -- you will need it!
It shares a really touching message about what Christmas is really all about, the wonderful gifts that we have been given, and a reminder to cherish your little ones.
I give it 5 stars.





4 comments:
I loved this book too!
I loved this book! I think I'll read it again!
We read this book as our December book in our book club. It was the perfect book for Christmas, and a real tearjerker too
Im am going to be calling you to see if I can borrow this. I know Christmas is over but I really want to read this!
Post a Comment