I loved this book! Although I was a little skeptical about the idea of the story being told through the letters between two cousins, I quickly fell in love with everything about it. The cousins, Cecily and Kate, are such smart, fun characters that you can't help but love them and get involved in their intrigues together.
The story is set with one cousin enjoying "the season" in London, while the other was forced to stay home in the country. Both their lives are soon entangled in a dangerous adventure with powerful sorcerers, and the two of them try to solve the problem.
It had the romance and feel of Jane Austin, but without the long drawn out descriptions. Plus, it had the fun of some magic thrown in. My sister-in-law described it as Jane Austin and Harry Potter combined. It was light, fun, and super clean. One of my new favorites :). A PG-rating and 5 stars.





2 comments:
My 15 yo dd loved this series as well...in case any of you have 15 yodd :)
excellent book Her dealing with dragons series is fantastic as well!
Post a Comment