Monday, February 15, 2010

Here There Be Dragons by James A. Owen


I have a fantasy-loving daughter who begged me to read this with her.  And had I not know "the spoilers" I probably would have enjoyed it more.  So if you read choose to read this book, stay away from any reviews-they simply give it away!

I haven't read fantasy since jr. high and this was a nice jumping back in point.  The Imaginarium Geographica, the atlas of fantasy worlds is in danger and the new "keeper" must be found and trained immediately. Those who read a lot of fantasty will enjoy this much more than those of us who don't.  Many cross-overs and references.

I am too cautious in telling much about it so I aplogize for the sketchy review.  It's probably much easier to say, those who enjoy fantasy will probably like this one.  It's not heavy-duty, it's more in the older 10 to younger 14 year old range.  Lots of PG action.  My daughter thought it was fun.  She'd probably give it one more star than I did.  I'm at a 3.

0 comments: