
This is a fascinating and compelling work of historical fiction. The book takes place before and during the Salem witch trials, and follows the lives of one family as they try to survive the storm going on around them. I loved this look into one of America's most fascinating periods of history. The book is written by a woman who's ancestor was a victim of the witch trials, and who grew up hearing family stories about it.
I would give this book 5 stars, and a PG-PG 13 rating(for the brutality of some of the events.)
Thursday, March 4, 2010
The Heretic's Daughter- By Kathleen Kent
Posted by
Michelle
at
8:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
How funny - I just rated this same book back in September. I loved it too, although, didn't it make you grateful not to live in Colonial America? I see my ansestors in a whole new light now.
Post a Comment