The story of Rosamond, who falls in love with Tempest, a man who does not turn out to be all that he seemed. This begins the "love chase," as Rosamond fights for her freedom. Unlike most romances, it does not have a happy ending, and explores how love can become obsession - and shows a much darker side to Alcott's writing. I give it 4 stars and a PG rating (because although it deals with dark things, it is VERY clean.)
Monday, March 15, 2010
A Long Fatal Love Chase, by Louisa May Alcott
The story of Rosamond, who falls in love with Tempest, a man who does not turn out to be all that he seemed. This begins the "love chase," as Rosamond fights for her freedom. Unlike most romances, it does not have a happy ending, and explores how love can become obsession - and shows a much darker side to Alcott's writing. I give it 4 stars and a PG rating (because although it deals with dark things, it is VERY clean.)
Posted by
Lisa Brown
at
7:02 AM
Labels: Lisa Brown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
I read this book not too long ago, and felt pretty torn about how I felt about it. I'm so used to Alcott's usual type of ending, that this one was kind of disappointing. I did enjoy the adventure and travel part of it though. I thought it was an interesting look into different walks of life for that period.
Post a Comment