Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Bride Most Begrudging, By Deeanne Gist


The story of Constance, the daughter of an Earl, who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and is kidnapped and sold in the American colonies as a "Tobacco bride." Trying to convince her new husband that she is who she says she is, she extracts a promise that their marriage will be in name only until word can be sent to her father. It is when she and her husband Drew start to fall in love, that things get tricky.

From the first pages of this book I was drawn into the story, and I really didn't want to put it down, which is why I read it in 1 1/2 days. For me, that is the sign of a good book. I also love how the author dealt with the depressing world of the 1600's in America, without letting it pull the book into darkness.  I give it 5 stars and a PG-13 rating (It was a very clean book though.).
 
PS.  Don't forget to check out this month's book of the month (see post below).  It is a charming and very fast read :).

1 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

Gist is suppose to rock. I need to check this out. I like Hake allot.