Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater


The story of Grace, a girl who had been attacked by wolves as a child, and forever after that was drawn to the one who saved her from the pack. It isn't until years later that she discovers the truth about the wolves and meets Sam in human form. Together they fight against the odds to try and find a way to be together.


I liked this book, and although I think it was inspired by Twilight, I think it was unique enough to stand alone. There were parts of it I didn't like - like the fact that Sam slept in Graces bed all the time, etc. However, I really liked the way the author changed perspective between Sam and Grace, giving both of them a chance to tell the story through their own eyes.  I give it 3.5 stars and a PG-13 rating.

0 comments: