A book about five very different women in the late 60's, who meet at the park while their children play. Soon, even though they are very different, they become friends. They meet every Wednesday morning and eventually they have become a writing society - pushing each other to write and express themselves, and along the way becoming life-long friends that help each other make it through some of the most difficult times in their lives. I really loved this book, and I didn't really expect to. The story is pretty simple, but I fell in love with the characters in the story. Each one of them was so unique and real, I kept checking to make sure the book wasn't a memior. I also loved how the history of the time was interlaced through the story, and how the world events individually effected each one of these mothers. It also made me realize, that I should dust off the different things I have tried writing in the past, and finish them - even if it is just for me.
I give it 4.5 stars and a strong PG-13 rating for some inappropriate things in the book.




1 comments:
Lisa, I love that I can count on you! This is a perfect book for the month of June. Sorry I am slacking!
Post a Comment