**Sorry if I have been out of control posting books lately :). I am moving to Colorado from North Carolina in a few days, and so I have been reading an insane amount of books, because it is my way of escaping from the chaos and stress. I hope you don't mind all the books I added. Also, don't forget to check out the post below about The Wednesday Sisters, which is our book of the month :). Now to my review . . .
I loved this book from the very first pages, and often found myself laughing out loud as I read the sweet story of Calpurnia Tate - the only girl in a family of seven children, with three older brothers and 3 younger brothers. It takes place in South Central Texas in 1899, when the world is beginning to rapidly change as there is an explosion of new ideas and inventions. It is in this changing world, that Calpurnia develops a wonderful kinship with her grandfather over a love of science and discovery. A truly delightful read :). I give it 5 stars and a G rating.





1 comments:
Very Good.
Post a Comment