Friday, May 2, 2008

The Hero and the Crown and The Blue Sword

Just recently, I reread some of my favorite Robin McKinley books so I thought I would share them with you all.

The Hero and the Crown is a fantasy about the Princess Aerin. A prequel to The Blue Sword, it shows the history of the land of Damar, and Aerin's struggle to find her place in the world. Soon, she becomes Aerin the dragon slayer, which leads her on to greater adventures and even love. A great read! I would give it 4.5 stars and a PG rating.

The Blue Sword has been one of favorite books since I first discovered in the eighth grade. The story of Harry, a girl who has come to the edge of her homeland to live with her soldier brother after their father's death. Her world is turned upside down as she meets Corlath, the king of the Damarians. It is an amazing journey she takes as she discovers not only love, but the truth about who she really is. I just love this book! Definitely 5 stars and a PG rating.

2 comments:

Blackberry Bratt said...

I love these two books! I was suprised to find that I did because it wasn't the typical thing I read. I think I was desperate for something and picked it up at the library. But now, I plan on owning my own copies!

Amy Jones said...

Okay...now I know why I love this website. The Blue Sword has been my FAV since I was in Jr. High. I've recommended it to a million people and no one ever seems to want to take me up on it. THANK YOU for posting it...I think I've given up telling people about it so it's good to know that others like them as well. If you want another good one, Robin McKinley's "Beauty" is excellent as well.