Friday, October 17, 2008

Crown Duel


Although this book started a little slow for me, at about chapter six I was completely hooked and wanted to keep reading until the end. A fantasy, but with very little magic, it was a story of a countess raised in quite the untypical manner, far from court and living in poverty.
Trying to fulfill a deathbed promise to her father, she and her brother start on a crazy set of adventures trying to overthrow the evil king. It was exciting, and Meliara, the main character was strong and forthright. The story really gets good when she begins a love/hate relationship with the Marquis. I loved it because it had the feel of an Elizabeth/Mr. Darcy relationship. Great read. I give it 5 stars and a PG rating.
** Originally it was two books, so make sure you read the combined one.

0 comments: