Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Tale of Despereaux: Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup and a Spool of Thread


I just finished reading The Tale of Despereaux, by Kate DiCamillo, and I knew I had to share. A fabulous little children's book about an unlikely hero, Despereaux, the mouse. Different from birth, he refuses to be like the other mice, but starts to run into problems when he makes friends with the princess.

I love how Kate DiCamillo wrote about each characters' individual story, and then carefully intertwined them. It was a clever, well written story that will be loved by any age. It would make a wonderful read aloud for your kids. I give it 5 stars and a G rating.

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Always looking for a good read aloud book for my kids. Thanks for sharing. Aren't they making a movie of this?

Rochelle said...

I saw this book and came so close to getting it! now i'll go get it

Blackberry Bratt said...

I read this at the library about half a year ago and it was so fun to read. It was kind of a twisted kids story and occasionaly I would look up and think, "I can't believe I'm reading this." but finished it and enjoyed it. I hope the movie that comes out keeps the flavor of the book.

Jessie's Joy in Her Journey said...

I love this book! it's such a fun read!