A dark fantasy about David, a boy living in England during WWII, who crosses over into another world while following the voice of his dead mother. He finds himself in a world where fantasy and fairy tales are real, but that are dark and twisted versions of the tales he heard as a child. And although he meets a few people to assist him on his way, most of the characters are dark and creepy.
I found that the book was very well written. As I read it, I kept thinking, "This is what Greggory Maguire's books should be like." I loved watching the internal and external struggles David had throughout the book, even though at times you wished you could close your eyes. In fact, the only reason I didn't give this book 5 stars, was because it was so creepy, it gave me nightmares and I had to stop reading it before bed. It really was a great read though.
4 stars and a PG-13 rating





0 comments:
Post a Comment