
Loved this book. Just read it today. It would make a fabulous book club read if your club is not over-sensitive to language...as it does have a smattering of the mild stuff (including the Lord's name in vain...if you want to know that.)
It centers on Guernsey, off the coast of England, after WWII German occupation of the island. It is told in letter form, and while the language style is not consistant with the 1940's, the story moves along well anyway. I found myself completely wrapped up in the characters. I laughed and cried, got angry and sad and all those good things! I even copied down a couple of passages.
If you:
love WWII stories
love literature
have ever had a treasured book help you through a hard life experience
or just want a good fiction read, this could qualify. I give it 4 stars, a PG for mild language and a PG-13 for the harsh stories of war.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Alright I just added this to my list!!
I'll get back with you!
This was selected as one of my book group books this year. I'm glad to have a positive review...I'm a little more excited to read it. Thanks!
I loved this book so much!! I give it 5 stars :).
Post a Comment