
"Three Cups of Tea" is an inspiring book about the difference that one person can make in the world. It is the true story of American mountain climber Greg Mortenson. After a failed attempt at climbing K2 he wandered into a poor village in Pakistan and his life was changed by the people that he met there. They showed him such kindness and generosity, even in the face of their own extreme poverty. While he was there he discovered that the village had no school, and he promised that he would return to build them a school. The book follows his quest to raise funds for the school, and the sacrifices he makes to do that (like living in his car, selling his belongings, etc.) But he doesn't stop with just that one school, he ends up building more than 55 schools. Mortensen is a great humanitarian role model, showing that you don't have to be rich to make a difference.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
February Book of the Month- Three Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
Posted by
Michelle
at
10:59 AM
Labels: Book of the Month, Michelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I can't wait to read this book.
I really enjoyed this book. I learned a lot in the process. I gained a greater understanding for the people of Afghanistan and Pakistan. I was impressed by Gregs devotion. I liked it and think it's a must read!
I thought this was a great book. I was and am amazed at this man and his will to help the people in Afghanistan! I was inspired! Thank you for choosing a book that I may not have chosen to read on my own. I thouroughly enjoyed it.
Post a Comment