Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fun series by Tasha Alexander!

A delightful mystery set in London during the late 19th Century. I loved the main character, Emily, and especially loved how she grew throughout the story. She begins it as a woman newly widowed, who only accepted the proposal to escape her mother's house, and feeling guilty for not having known her husband at all before his death. As she learns more about her dead husband, and uses her new freedom as a widow to learn and experience things she was never allowed before (like studying - what a different world), she becomes involved in intrigue and deception.

I really enjoyed this book and read it in two days, as the story was so delightful and flowed so well, I didn't want to put it down. The romance thrown in also helped me enjoy it :). Plus, I am truly a sucker for stories set in England during this time period, and it has always been that way. I give it 4 stars and a PG rating.



A Poisoned Season, was the second of the series, and I loved this one even more than the first, as it had more romance and excitement. In this installment, Emily finds herself out of mourning for her husband, and being actively pursued by a few different men. However, soon she is being stalked, and on top of that is trying to solve a murder. As the danger increased, so did my love for the main character, a vibrant, fun, and clever woman. This was such a fun book to read!! I can't wait to read the third one. 5 stars and a PG rating.


The third novel about Lady Emily Ashton, although I liked this book, it did not hold me as captivated as the other two. I found myself a little annoyed that somehow she and Collin had still yet to marry, and although the mystery part of this book was very exciting, the conflicts thrown into their relationship upset me. I still loved the writing style and the setting immensely. I give it 3.5 stars and a PG-13 rating.

I loved this series and am eagerly awaiting my chance to read book four, Tears of Pearl, since it was published this month.

0 comments: