Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Little Lady Agency, by Hester Browne


Although this book started a little slow, before long I was enchanted with Melissa, the main character. Forced to find a new line of work when she was fired from her job as a secretary, she starts her own consulting firm, almost by accident - the Little Lady Agency - where she helps men who are socially inept learn how to dress and behave. She also poses as "Honey," her alter ego, for when she needs to pretend to be a girlfriend to one of her clients. This part of the job, however, is what gets her into trouble, as her pretend girlfriend status starts to become a little too real.

I really enjoyed the book, and although at times I was a little confused with the British turn of phrase, it was a fun, light read. I give it 4 stars and a PG-13 rating (for innuendos).

1 comments:

Rochelle said...

This looks like a fun, light book I'm in need of. I'll comment on my thouhts after reading, thanks!