I just finished reading Atonement by Ian McEwan. This is a "story within a story" of a 13 year old girl who lets her imagination get in the way of the truth and ends up changing people's lives because of it. I had a bit of a hard time getting through the first part of the book. It starts in the early 1930's. As the story goes on it takes you to World War II. This is when I was hooked! I really enjoyed this book. I'm ready to see the movie now....and hoping that it does it justice. I give this book 4 stars and an R rating for a small amount of very bad language and one descriptive scene.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
I just borrowed this book from my sister...I'm excited to get started.
Autumn, I wasn't sure what I actually thought of the book as a whole. I was a little torn up about the ending. I'd love to get your take on it.
I really wanted to see this movie, but it was rated R.... so I decided to read the rated R book instead. I might as well see the movie. I liked this book, but it is kind of a hard one to read at times because you just want it to be a happy ending so bad. I thought it was a good book all and all.
Melanie..I didn't know that the movie was rated R..bummer! You're probably right...the book probably should get an R rating~I was torn, but when I think about it there is no way a 13 year old should read this!
I just started reading this book too. I am also having a hard time getting throuh it. I'm glad to know that it gets better. I guess I will be persistant and finish it!
Post a Comment