Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Glass Castle


This is the first book that I have felt that I wanted to post about. This is a book that makes you look at the definition of dysfunctional family and realize that this family takes the cake. It is a good book but one of those that you just keep thinking how can this family get any worse? And you keep reading because it just never ends. How these kids actually survived to adult hood is a miracle. The fact is that these kids had it hard but did what it took for them to survive. Not my favorite book but not a bad book either. I would give it 3.5 stars.I would rate it as PG-13 for language and adult content.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

I agree - that book really makes you think. Even though it was very sad to read about those horrific parents, I thought it was wonderful to see how the kids banded together and escaped their crazy childhood.

Jaci Moore said...

I love this book. I thought the writing was some of the best. I would give this book 5 stars! I read it in like a day. There are definately some mental disorders, it's sad because obviously they never got treated, and the family paid the price. But I really loved this book.

Lisa Brown said...

I absolutely loved this book! I read it last year and could not put it down. It amazed me how the author was able to tell such a depressing story with such hope and positivity. 5 stars from me too.