
To follow up on Lorna's review of Snowflower and the Secret Fan, I thought I'd share a review of the latest book by Lisa See. It's kind of a sequel to Snowflower, but not really. I don't want to give too much a way, but let's just say that it's like an ancient Chinese version of The Lovely Bones (but a little less disturbing...if you've read that great book by Alice Seybold).
At first I thought the storyline was too exaggerated and over-the-top, but the more I read it, the more I was just fascinated by the thought process of the characters and the cultural insights I learned. Needless to say, these characters have very different beliefs than most of us were raised with. I'd give it four stars. Enjoy!
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Peony in Love
Posted by
Meagan
at
9:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment