Monday, March 17, 2008

CIRLCLE OF FRIENDS By:Maeve Binchy


This book is set in Ireland in the 1950's. It starts off with the friendship of two girls, Benny and Eve. They grow up in the small Irish town of Knockglen. They then journey off to Dublin to attend University. At University they quickly make several new friends. With this new group of friends there is romance, betrayal and loyalty. I really loved this book. I had a hard time putting it down. I was very proud of Benny and the way she handled the many blows she receives through out the course of the book. I give this book a PG rating. ****


There was a movie that came out in 1995 with Minnie Driver and Chris O'Donell. I loved the movie when I saw it way back when, but I think I liked the book more.

3 comments:

Tam said...

I love Maeve Binchy BOOKS! I also loved this book! I like the way it ended. I like that the Author did not give us happy ever after Cindrella and prince Charming ending. Just more along the lines of REAL LIFE.

Rochelle said...

I just finished this book and absolutely LOVED it! Now I want to see the movie, maybe I'll have a girls night and watch this. Thanks so much for the recommendation...

Stephanie said...

I really liked this one, but I think I liked the movie better!