Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl



I'm new and my first book I'm posting is The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. I wanted to read it before going to see the movie which I have yet to do, I enjoyed this book! It kept me up until all hours of the night, I couldn't put it down. It's about the Boleyn family trying to get into the kingdom, they push the daughters to be the king's mistresses. It's a great a great read for anyone who enjoys reading about historical people. I'm continuing on with the series by Philippa Gregory, can't wait to read the rest of them!

7 comments:

Autumn said...

I'm so excited to see this book posted. I have been waiting to see the movie because I wanted to read the book first! Glad you liked it..now I need to go get it!

Aundrea said...

I haven't read the book, but I loved the movie! I've read Phillipa Gregory books before and I really like her, I love historical fiction!

Arah Debra said...

Autumn, you can borrow mine if you want. You have to read it before you see the movie or I don't think the movie would be as enjoyable. But I must warn you it gets a little steamy in parts. Let me know and I can bring it on Thursday.

Tam said...

Came across this site and I have to say that a friend last year suggested I read the Other Boleyn Girl and so I did and it was really good. I then went and bought 6 more Phillippa Gregory books and will read them soon! s

Autumn said...

I just finished reading this. It was a big book and only took me 3 days...I couldn't put it down! I loved it! Can't wait to see the movie!

Lisa said...

I have to say that I did enjoy this book and for the first half of this story I loved it, but I got tired of the plotting towards the end. Not enough to keep me from reading the book though. I wish I would have remember some of the historical events before I read the book. I would rate it 3 stars and a give it a PG-13 rating for the sexual talk.

Bonnie said...

I just finished this book. I loved it! I saw the movie first and didn't enjoy it. Now, I want to see the movie again to see if I "get" more of it. I wish the movie would have focused more on just Mary's life...it was definitely more interesting than Anne's constant plotting and deception over and over.