Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rebecca

*****
I just finished reading Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier. The language that the author uses is a bit hard to understand, but I got used to it after a few chapters. It's not written in easy "American" form. ~ It was written in the first person..I thought it was a little strange that you never learn the name of the woman telling the story. It's about a woman who marries a man named Maxim De Winter less than a year after he loses his first wife in a tragic sailing accident. Rebecca is full of suspense and surprises. I loved this book! I give it 5 stars and a PG-13 rating.

4 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

I have always loved this book too. Reading your review makes me want to reread it :).

Arah Debra said...

I've actually heard a lot about this book. I'll have to check it out.

Tam said...

I recently read this and I like to think about the author who wrote this and what that time period was like for her. I also recently watched the 1939 Movie Jamica Inn. I am thinking about reading this book.

Meagan said...

Yes, I agree - a great book. I also saw the classic film, which was good (but creepy).