Friday, April 4, 2008

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil


We just read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, by John Berendt, for my book club in Savannah. I was actually surpised by how much I enjoyed this book, since I had no idea what to expect. I was immediately drawn into it, and although it was well written and was an intriguing story, I was mostly drawn in because of all I learned about Savannah. There is just something especially magical about reading a book about a place you live. Especially since it was nonfiction. I give it 4 stars.

PS. There are a few off color parts - mostly because of the character those parts are about, but I wanted to warn you.

2 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, LISA!
i LOVED THIS POST AND THIS BLOG.
hAVE A NICE DAY.

Lisa said...

I just finished this book and enjoyed it very much. I kept telling my husband it was the best non-fiction book I have ever read. It reads so smooth and has a great story line. I would rate it 4 stars and give it a PG 13 rating, but only if you skip chapter 7.