Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Twilight


Win a guided tour on the set of "Twilight!"TWILIGHT Starring MATT WILCOX, producer of The Nelson and Terry Show Mornings on 105.1 The Buzz(oh and some other pretty talented people from Hollywood…)In theaters 12.12.08

Movie Plot: A teenage girl-Bella (Kristen Stewart)- moves to Forks, Washington to live with her father when her mother gets remarried. Upon arriving in Forks, Bella learns about a mysterious family of very beautiful people. When she meets one of the 5 children-Edward (Robert Pattinson)- she finds herself spinning into a mind boggling tale of one of the deepest and scariest loves. Even when she finds out what Edward truly is, she still takes risk after risk so that she can stay with her vampire sweetheart.The Nelson & Terry Show wants to find out how YOU can relate to Bella and Edward. Send in your stories of a time when you were forced to make HUGE sacrifices for a "Vampire" of your own. Tell us your situation, what you had to give up, and how did it turn out. Enter all weekend and into Monday and then Tuesday morning the Nelson & Terry Show will pick the winning story.The winner will be invited on an exclusive and PRIVATE 105.1 the Buzz and Summit Entertainment guided tour on the filming set of this the movie, "Twilight!"

So I figured hmm why not, I'll tell an exaggerated tale, what can it hurt? If I win that would be pretty cool! Here is the story I sent in.

My vampire came to me months ago in the form of three books, the Twilight Series... I sacrificed sleep, food and my four children, poopy diapers, bath time and all other things that come with being a thirty something suburban housewife with four kids and a very human husband. I had fallen in love, in love with Bella and Edward, my vampires. As I read all three books I became more and more obsessed with a mind boggling tale of one of the deepest and scariest loves I have ever known. I realized I was risking it all; each breath I took was for my Bella and Edward. I soon met the end of my tale as I came to a waiting, for the day I would have the unattainable love and meet my vampires and I was forced to sacrifice another day as a suburban mother of four and a very human husband. I would attain this as I wait outside and watch the filming of Bella and Edward that had come to my little town. I would spend hours with my children cramped in my minivan and Starbucks in hand, bribing them with candy and no chores for the week, if they would just sit here with me as I entertained the thought of my vampire love that would soon be attainable. Bella and Edward (Kristen and Robert) might notice this minivan has been there all day every day in the pouring rain. They may have seen that crazy suburban mom waving frantically as they passed on their way back to their trailers. They may just feel my love and come over to say hello or say “Yes we would love to have our picture taken with you. You mustn’t keep sacrificing this way; go be well, but first know us!” It’s possible. I soon would have the unattainable love and ever so lucky meeting of my vampires. I would tell Nelson and Terry Show my sacrifices and heavy laden road to meet my love, my vampires. I would tell them of all the poopy diapers and peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches, bath times, story telling and Dora the Explorer shows I would sacrifice for my Bella and Edward, my Vampires. The Nelson and Terry Show would recognize my great and huge forced sacrifice for my Vampires, they would choose me, I would be the one, I would see my Vampires my huge sacrifices I was forced to make for my undying love would be worth it.
Well wouldn't ya know my phone rang at 6am this morning and HOLY SMOKES! It was the Buzz Nelson and Terry Show! I had to retell my story on the air. My understanding is there are a few in the finals and I am one of them! I will find out later today!

I WON! I WON!
YEAH!!!! I WON! It's true, they chose my story and I spend ALL DAY Thursday on the set of Twilight!

The Nelson and Terry Show called me at 9:30am and said "You are one of our 5 finalists, people have entered from all over the world, Sweden, China, France and so on. Hang tight on hold for about 5 minutes and we will let you know who the winner is!" I was dying! I called Aundrea with my cell phone to one ear and my home phone to the other, "Aundrea (scream) the buzz is on the line I'm in the top 5. If I win you have to come with me" she tells me "No take someone else, take Paige" What? We hang up and I'm still on hold. I call Paige. Paige waits with me on the phone and tells me her opinion, "You won. Why would they get five winners on the phone just to hear four of them cry. You are the winner!" The other phone clicks and I'm on the air...
"Rochelle your story is the winner!"
I scream and hoop and holler! I made a fool of myself on air for a few minutes! They joked with me calling me the crazy girl! (that's what they had me named as on the ballad). I told them I was going to take my friend the other mini van mom. It was fun!
Paige is on the other line listening to me yell and whoop it up! They then ask who I would take, I say Paige, I think she screamed!
So Paige and I will spend ALL DAY Thursday on the set of Twilight and be prepared Entertainment tonight may also be there and I did win a contest that ended up being world wide!

5 comments:

Teri said...

Congratulations! How fun would that be? You will have to tell us how it was when you get back!

Autumn said...

I'm so incredibly proud! Wish I lived by you because I KNOW you would take me...right?! :)

KerrieLeigh said...

I am so excited for you! I still can't believe you WON!!!

Allison said...

I just finished Twilight today and like you, couldn't put it down! I was so excited to read this post and am dying to know how it went!

Stephanie said...

Ok, technically I didn't "read" this book, but I did listen to it on my iPod. I chose to listen to it because I was getting lasik surgery and I didn't know what I would do without being able to read a book and then Jennifer was telling me about how good this one was so I thought, why not?
It was really great! I bought the other 2 and listened to them too!
Anyway, I am glad you shared this with us Rochelle :) I hadn't even known they were going to make a movie of it until I'd read that blog! I hope it's as good as the book!
Congratulations on winning that um cool adventure Rochelle!
One of these days, I'll buy the books and really read them :)