Monday, April 28, 2008

These is My Words by Nancy E. Turner


I am sure people have already heard about this book, but if you haven't it was incredible. So moving and breath taking. There are no chapters, only journal entries written by Sarah Prine at age 18 and up. You get to see life in the 1800's and its hardships and triumphs right through her eyes. Of course there is some romance which makes it all the better. I would rate this book 5/5. I heard they are making a movie out of it too. There is a sequeal Sarah's quilt, but I didn't find it as heartwarming and enjoyable as this. As far as a rating goes... I would give it a PG-13, there is no language, but it is a ruff time to live with men trying to take advange of unarmed women and families being attacked by Indians.

5 comments:

Arah Debra said...

I just finished this a couple weeks ago and loved it! I was wondering about "Sarah's Quilt" is it worth reading?

Lena Phillips said...

You guys don't know me, but I have been checking in on this blog to get some ideas on books. I love to read but never know what to read, so I check this site for some suggestions...hope you don't mind.

Anyway, I just wanted to comment and say that "These is my words" is an absolutely beautiful book. Probably my favorite book that I've read so far. I also read the follow up, "Sarah's Quilt" and wasn't as impressed. In fact, I was fairly bored through a lot of it. It's definitely not as good as the first, but I would still recomend reading it.

Teri said...

I've heard the same thing as Lena said about Sarah's Quilt, so I haven't read it yet. I loved These Is My Words though, loved it, loved it, one of my faves.

marry said...

I read Sarah's Quilt and I too felt it was not up to par. It was like a bad country song where everything that could go wrong does go wrong.

Toshia said...

I just read this book and could not put it down! Loved it, wish I was hearing better things about Sarah's Quilt though... I don't know that I will ever read it.