Yay, this will be fun. I think most will consider me a real bore after realizing what I am claiming will be fun...
This book is about acquiring a "classical education." You know, the way people learned stuff like a million years ago! No seriously, I started this book last night and am excited to begin applying what I am learning. I can see how this process of seriously reading can apply to other areas of my life. For instance, this would be a great way to study the scriptures and other gospel related books! I recommend it to anyone who would like to read/live with a little more purpose.
I discovered this book because I am planning on homeschooling my daughter and this author has a book out titled, The Well Formed Mind, or something like that. I really think I might base my curriculum off that and I guess applying what I learn from this book will be a test run. Besides, I have never finished college, and this would be a great way of doing the "life-long education" thing.
For any of those crazies out there that think this might be fun too, please contact me and maybe we could start a book club based off of this books lists and suggestions. (Oh, I hope I'm not alone, that would be so humiliating!)
This book is about acquiring a "classical education." You know, the way people learned stuff like a million years ago! No seriously, I started this book last night and am excited to begin applying what I am learning. I can see how this process of seriously reading can apply to other areas of my life. For instance, this would be a great way to study the scriptures and other gospel related books! I recommend it to anyone who would like to read/live with a little more purpose.
I discovered this book because I am planning on homeschooling my daughter and this author has a book out titled, The Well Formed Mind, or something like that. I really think I might base my curriculum off that and I guess applying what I learn from this book will be a test run. Besides, I have never finished college, and this would be a great way of doing the "life-long education" thing.
For any of those crazies out there that think this might be fun too, please contact me and maybe we could start a book club based off of this books lists and suggestions. (Oh, I hope I'm not alone, that would be so humiliating!)





2 comments:
I think this sounds very interesting. I'd like to read it too. I'll check it out on Amazon and we can compare notes when I'm done.
Check out a Thomas Jefferson Education. I think you would enjoy it especially in the light of homeschooling your children. I am a homeschool mom and I loved the ideals presented.
Post a Comment