
Although when I first began this book, I was under the impression that it was going to be historical fiction, and when I realized that it was just the history, I was a tad disappointed. That all disappeered quickly, as I realized how amazingly well McCullough had written the history. With his impecibly researched facts from letters, journals, etc, he made the people coma alive on the pages.
I found myself feeling aprehension, worry, sorrow, and triumph along with them. I kept thinking to myself, how on earth is the Continental Army going to win this war? It was a wonderful read and I loved learning so much more of what went into becoming our country. I give it 4 stars and a PG-13 rating.
Friday, April 15, 2011
1776, by David McCullough
Posted by
Lisa Brown
at
11:37 AM
Labels: Lisa Brown
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment