Friday, April 15, 2011

Princess of Glass, by Jessica Day George

The story of Poppy, one of the 12 sisters who have been freed from the enchantment to dance every night (12 Dancing Princesses). Poppy has been sent to Brenton, another kingdom, to help build relations, and possibly find a husband. She soon becomes friends with Christian, a Prince from another realm. But there is something that baffles everyone about Poppy - she refuses to dance.


Soon though, Poppy's world is turned upside down by a mysterious girl who shows up at all the balls. Everyone has become entranced with her, and if Poppy doesn't discover what sort of enchantment is taking place, she may lose everything, including Christian.

When I first picked this up, I had no idea that it was the sequel to "Princess of the Midnight Ball" - a book I loved. I enjoyed this one almost as much the other, and I especially loved the main character - she was feisty and fun, and very real.  I give it 4 stars and a PG rating.

0 comments: