I had been pretty excited for this book, as I loved the first book by this author, and I have to say that I wasn't disappointed. The story of Digger, a thief who is running for her life, and finds herself thrown into the company of a group of nobility, who take her in and give her a life.
Unfortunately, things aren't that simple, as she is soon discovered by a man who wants to use her special talents to spy on the very family who is helping her. The more she spies, the more she discovers there is more to the story than both sides are telling, and she may just find that not only is she in the middle of a potential war, but that her past is catching up to her.
I loved the main character, and although the story was fine in the beginning, it is not until the middle that it really picks up. And I was both distressed and excited to find that there will be a sequel - so I will wait to find some answers, but I won't have to say goodbye to these characters quite yet. I give 4 stars and a PG rating.





0 comments:
Post a Comment