Friday, April 15, 2011

Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos, by R.L. LaFevers


A fantastic story about a clever and brave little girl. The story takes place in London in the early 1900's and is about Theodosia, an 11 year old girl with a remarkable gift - the ability to sense black magic and curses. This comes in very handy, as her parents are archaeologists and curators of a museum chalk full of cursed Egyptian artifacts.

It is when Theo's mother brings home the Heart of Egypt, an artifact loaded with curses, that things really get crazy. In fact, people are willing to kill for it, and it may just be the end of Great Britain, and it is up to Theo to save the day.

I loved this book and can't wait until Lily is a little older and can read it :). (The curses would scare her too much right now.)  It is a children's book, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading them as an adult.  I give it 5 stars and a PG rating.
 
**Since I read this, I have also read the three other books in this series, and I loved them all.

0 comments: