Friday, April 15, 2011

Everwild (The Skinjacker Trilogy #2), by Neal Shusterman


Like the first book in the series, this has a creepy edge to it. The continuing story of Everlost - the world between heaven and earth where children get trapped if they don't follow the light. Mary Hightower continues to gather souls to her and works on her goal of keeping them forever in Everlost. Meanwhile, Nick, the "Chocolate Ogre," is deseperately trying to defeat her and free as many children from Everlost as possible. They are both building armies, not knowing what their struggle with each other will really bring to pass.

I enjoyed this book, and because it was on the creepy side, I think it would be apealing to both boths and girls, unlike a lot of YA fantisies which are geared mainly to girls. The plot is unique, and the story leaves you wanting to read the next book.  I give it 4 stars and a PG rating.

0 comments: